Friday, October 4, 2013

Tanka

Haiku             Senryu               MicroPoems              Prose






Buddha's Revenge
Buddha's revenge
for the violence of man
a serene smile
his lotus flower
cleanses my heart







Night Wanderer
she waits and watches
black tail slowly twitching
a night wanderer
Venus looms in the predawn
stalking the sunrise








Ladybug Eats
real visions of
tasting her sweet essence
we laze on a quilt
while a ladybug
consumes an aphid









Indians and Bosses
injuns on warpath
cavalry to the rescue
sepia dream fades
the boss is yelling again
looking to count coup




Cowboy Dreams
a dream of my youth
red injuns on the warpath
sepia fades to
technicolor cowboys
in jeeps, herding cattle




True Riches
a thief took it all
no riches remained
and then I found
you in my arms ... true
riches can't be stolen




Rumbling Thunder
long rumbling thunder
shakes the earth, as lightning
flickers thru the clouds
uneasy laughter attends
our strained embrace





Lonely Mockingbird
a mockingbird
on my porch railing
singing his desire
Put A Spell On You
lingered in the summer air




Cell Phone
my cell phone
as hushed as
snowfall
  our argument
    stilled







Hiawatha
Hiawatha
and lovely Minnehaha
lived by Pictured Rocks
the mother of waters
Lake Superior









Chasing Fireflies
mason jar
filled with fireflies
laughing children
dance in the gloaming
on a summer eve





Muse
the muse and I
argue interminably
my ability to
stumble over wording
baffles and amuses her







Love And Loss
an empty vase
filled with memories
of love and loss
the smell of roses
when I think of her







Grateful
the flowering earth
when spring follows winter
is the soft warmth of
your firm breasts pressed
against my grateful arm








Flycatchers
sharing the porch
with two flycatchers
we watch the rain
and chatter
amongst ourselves





Saved Stuff
pondering saved stuff
photos from my youth
dusty first aid box
springs of plum blossoms
my first time with you







Karma
Be careful
how you treat others
... karma
will rear its head and
bite you in the ass







Tiananmen
his family charged
the price of the bullet with
which he was murdered
Tiananmen heroes
quietly vanished







Mephistopheles
Mephistopheles ~
offered a rich life in ~
exchange for my soul ~
the hole in my sole ~
continues to grow






Shadow Love
sun and clouds battle
each attempting dominance
shadows come and go
a fickle lover ... she is
in and out of my life







Silence v Noise
when silence beckons ~
I seem to open my mouth ~
long winter night
fades into a short holiday
shouting at each other






Humus
rotting leaves add ~
to unknown generations ~
of forest humus ~
a future as compost ~
the whole enchilada!






Trimming the Tree
crackle and snap
of a roaring fire
loud pop
of a dropped ball
while trimming the tree






Cold Idyll

quiet city street
frozen puddle in gutter
warm glow from windows
laughter at the corner pub
slight smile for my cold idyll






Life and Love

life consumes today
does not need tomorrow
love denied grows weak
life and love together
our guarantee our being










Watching the moon wane~
autumn's march toward winter~
my minds eye sees you~
young and in the bloom of life~
caring for my aged bones







the dead are not gone ~
they live in us with malice ~
until ~
we find a belief in our ~
own grace and integrity





 
 

Touch
I think of your touch
even so innocently
and heat fires my loins
side by side, fingers enlaced
my eyes boast to all who see







Kiss

your figure a kiss
my lustful lips crave relief
greedy nakedness
posing, your cerebral brush
colors my carnality








touch the name
memories flow through me
no barrier between
arm in arm, old and young
no distance or time intrudes









Lucy

asleep, feel a weight
know ere I wake what I'll see
Lucy stares and purrs
lovely face inches from mine
'feed me now' is her mantra








Goodbye

thinking of the day~
so very much like this one~
when you said goodbye~
I see all my tomorrows~
becoming millenniums





Listen

listen intently ~
a rush of adrenaline ~
heart beats are steady ~
flood of relief surges through ~
calm returns, until next time






Wind

warm wind changes
blasts from the north
chill on my skin
delightful difference
summer is done






Breeze

Autumn breeze brings cool
Summer surrenders, sullen
Leaves turn gold, russet
Flutter to earth, grudgingly
Accepting winter's embrace





Night

blacker than the night ~
Only the ever watchful ~
eyes give her away ~
ears twitch, searching the dark ~
for her next tasty repast.

Better, I think... more traditional

blacker than midnight ~
the ever watchful eyes ~
give her away ~
ears twitch, search the dark ~
for her next tasty delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment